Changing Lives

Let me share an incredible story about a woman, Michelle Pereira Harzold, who followed her passion. Her dream to change the lives of thousands of kids living on the streets of Brazil has become a reality. Working with manufacturers and resources in Brazil, Michelle created and designed a high quality denim and jewelry line called Names of Fame. Her mission with this line is to empower and inspire women of all ages to respect and celebrate themselves as they are! A percentage of every purchase is invested in the lives of these street kids in Brazil. I had an opportunity to ask Michelle a few questions about launching her line and fulfilling her dream.

When did this passion begin?
I am a firm believer that we all have something that we are passionate about buried within us. It is the reason we are put on this earth, to discover and follow. Unfortunately, many of us live our lives and do not take the time to search or follow our passion. Many of us are not brave enough to pursue our passion because of fear of rejection.

What inspired you to follow your dream?
My inspiration comes from a few different places. First and foremost, my daughters who inspire me to be the best mother I can be. In order for me to accomplish this, I aim to be the best ME first. I am inspired to follow and pursue my dream so that I learn the formula. I will take this formula and teach it to my daughters, my family, friends, strangers, the thousands of kids living on the streets of Brazil. If I can do it, anyone can!

What did it take to launch?
Persistence, patience, focus, determination, and faith in myself and my dream. I never heard the words “no” or “can’t”.

What are your goals with Names of Fame?
I will continue to produce high quality denim and jewelry while inspiring and empowering women, teens and children. I visualize the day my line will be available at the finest retailers. I would like for my brand to bring awareness to teens and women reminding them that what we see in the media is for many of us, unattainable and THAT'S ok. We are beautiful because we are unique. In the future I see opening a center where children living in the slums or on the streets of Brazil can come to pursue their passion and make their dreams come true.

What advice do you have with others with a dream?
Dreaming about something is one thing, DOING all that you can to make your dream come true is another. Ask yourself how badly do you really want it? If it is something you just can't live without, it turns into your passion. AND once you become passionate about something it turns into BELIEF. Once you believe, it really doesn't matter what other people say or think, because you are convinced with your entire mind, body, and soul that your dream will come true. At that point you begin to take action and it is ACTION that makes things happen.

Thank you Lisa for giving me this opportunity to share my passion. You are giving people the tools and knowledge to create the lives they have always dreamed of living. POWERFUL stuff!

For more information about Names of Fame and to view the jeans and jewelry line, visit http://www.facebook.com/NamesofFame

3 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    Great inspirational story/interview! Michelle shows the classic entrepreneur attitude with never hearing "no" & "can't." Please keep us posted on Michelle's progress.

    ~ @bbryon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment @bbryon! Glad you enjoyed it... I will certainly keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT READ... Good luck Michelle.

    ReplyDelete